Achieve Straighter Teeth with Invisalign® in San Antonio
Many people dream about correcting crooked or gapped teeth and finally achieving that perfect look. For image-conscious teenagers and adults, it can often seem like they’ve missed the boat – noticeable metal braces are fine when you’re in middle school, but balancing them with an older, more polished appearance is a no-go. Thankfully, Dr. Troy Jones and Dr. George Knight are happy to offer an alternative at their two practice locations: Invisalign. Invisalign treatment can straighten your smile in a more seamless fashion allowing patients to maintain their self-confidence throughout. Contact our San Antonio, TX team today to schedule a consultation!
How does treatment with Invisalign work?
With Invisalign, there are no brackets or wires to worry about – instead, patients use clear, custom plastic aligners created by the Invisalign lab. Each one represents a different stage of your smile throughout treatment and is worn for a specific amount of time (usually a couple of weeks) before being switched out. Patients also attend brief check-ups with Dr. Knight every six months so he can ensure everything is going smoothly with your care.
Invisalign offers patients a wide variety of benefits, especially compared to more traditional orthodontic solutions. These include:
- The Invisalign aligners are removable, which means patients simply take them out when they’re brushing and flossing their teeth or enjoying their favorite foods. No inconvenient restrictions or alterations to your regular routine required!
- Do you have a big event coming up that you’d love to look your best for? It’s perfectly fine to remove your aligner for an hour or two. Just make sure to place it back in your mouth after you’ve finished having fun! You can also take it out when you’re playing a contact sport and need to put on an athletic mouthguard.
- Invisalign aligners are made of smooth plastic and custom-designed for your unique smile, making them very comfortable. Patients won’t have to worry about the irritation that can occur from wires and brackets.
- Invisalign aligners don’t require unpleasant, painful tightening appointments. Instead, check-ups are only needed every four to six weeks, and these visits are fast and comfortable.
- Traditional braces often require multiple years of a patient’s life to be fully effective. In comparison, most cases of Invisalign treatment are complete in just 12-18 months.